Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

air suspension problem

MilkoLS400

even in the manual for a 1999 model there is no info about ODBII... Verry annoying... I cant use the air suspension. I guess I will make a hand regulated height control system with buttons and switches..  I know where all the connections are on A14 for all valves... Are the valves operated with 12V?  Ill try to manually rise the rear of my car to get through the winter.. In the summer time ill have more time to check it out...  The new ECU isnt working as well. I now tried only switching to on  for 4 sec.. "Hi" light still isnt comming up..  So im totally screwed I guess...

Milko

Did you find this H15 connector with the picture I send?

H15-1.jpg

The top-one with the orange Border?

Have you tried (with the installed Airsuspension ECU) to messure sommething ?

H15-Messpunkte.JPG

What are your Measurement results?

If we have this information it can help to find the root cause?

To driver1313

I am a little bit confused regard this Connector (Whatever its called)

H15-1_cr.jpgH15-Pin-belegung.JPG

1.This one has only 9 Pins. (the only thing I know from this is 6 to 9 start the compressor if Inition is On)

Do you know anything else we can messure hier?

2. This Table with the messurment reults you provided (A15 ), where is this connector located?

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Techi-Tom:

To driver1313

I am a little bit confused regard this Connector (Whatever its called)

H15-1_cr.jpgH15-Pin-belegung.JPG

1.This one has only 9 Pins. (the only thing I know from this is 6 to 9 start the compressor if Inition is On)

Do you know anything else we can messure hier?

2. This Table with the messurment reults you provided (A15 ), where is this connector located?

This is H15.

Connecting here

2016-12-21 14.22.36.jpg

like shown 3 and 6 starts Compressor

3-7 opens valve for raise down the car, but you must trigger 3-1,2,8,9 to open the Valves at the Cylinders

A15 is the smallest  white Plug in the Air Sus ECU of the three ones, here you can grab at A15 Pin 7 the Voltage outgoing to the Combination Meter Connector A Pin 9 for the HIGHT Lamp (or even not, when ECU is broken)

2016-12-21 14.22.47.jpg

bearbeitet von driver1313

Hi Tom..  

I now needed to make my car driveable for tomorrow. Need to visit my dad as he has his Birthday the 31st.  And the car was getting too low in the rear. Not surprizing since the car is without air and driving for almost 3 weeks now.. I made the rear pump up manually.  I know what pins to give 12V on the ecu connector to open valves and start the compressor.  Just cant find the way to adjust left and right seperately.. But front and rear I can. Now the car stands nicely high again in the rear. It saves me some stress. At least I know I can keep the car driveable during the holidays. 

I think I did find the H15 connector. Its the same in my car. Since I cant find the TDCL because I have ODBII build in to my car i can not test all things in the list.. I will go try again on 1st of Januari... Try to test the rest of the list. For now I'm done. Depressed a bit.. Just spend 250E on a second hand ECU that doesn't work as well. Strange that I can still not find anything wrong in the other circuits at all.. I reconnected the old ecu not to make things worse. The new one I only tested 4 sec to see if the Hi light comes up... Nothing... Again nothing..   If anyone knows what pin on the ecu goes to the dashboard light.. I would be very happy to know... I might be able to test the light bulb itself then..       

If really nothing works I will make a manual switched controlling system.. I can then just inflate and deflate whenever I want.. 

Tom you are right.. I should not give up... But its getting harder to continue.. Discovering my car isn't even standard at all.. Even standard DLC port isn't there..  That stuff makes it harder to continue...  

So if anyone knows how I can switch on the Hi Light manually.. let me know.. Then I can rule out that... Also.. If anyone knows how to convert the DLC ports to ODBII It would be very helpfull..  

2016-12-21 14.22.52.jpg

The white Plug Terminals of the ECU are shown here A15, A16, A17 here you can grab everything.

The Orange H15 is made, that Workers do not need to take out the Glove Compartment and CD Player for checking function of Air Sus. Have you all understood ?

It is a Service Terminal Plug but does not fit all IN or OUT Lines, only the main needed for Diagnostic

I guess my car is very different in numbering of connectors as well.  Look here: http://lexus-doc.ru/ileaf/lex99rm/lex99rms/99lexrm/99ls400r/di/emas1/terecu.pdf

I see the connector numbers are also different.  Where yours is numbered A15, A16 and A17. In my car the ECU connectors are numbered A12, A13 and A14.  Luftfederungsteuergerät is the german therm for air suspension ECU right??  So What Pin in my car would connect to the Hi light??  I believe A15 in your books would be A12 in my books..  Is the light 12V or 5V??  I think the notation in the books is just different.. My Pin 7 on A12 is your pin 7 on A15.. If the A15 is the smallest one of the 3 connectors to the ECU... If I know its voltage I could test if it works.

Driver1313, thanks for your patience

Yes it is clear (now).

form me it is hard to read this circuit`s.

Kombiinsrument.JPG

Hier zb. Ich bin zu blöd. 1A da kommt 12V über eine Sicherung rein. Dann kommt so was wie ein pnp-Transistor und auf der Basis eine (welle). Dann in einen Klotz, der steuert wider einen npn-Transistor damit ein Strom von der ECU (SPO/7B) über so ein /\/\/\ (Wicklung ?) fliessen kann. Und dann noch ein Eingang über eine Diode - High-Lampe und wieder ein npn mit einer Welle auf der Basis.

Ich muss mich mal mit einem Autoelektiker zusammensetzen, sonst begreiffe ich das NIE.

Hi Milko

You can not only give power ti th High-Light, this Transistor:

Kombiinsrument-1.jpg

Has to open first bevor the Lamp (in the picture called HÖHE) light.

It could be driver1313 know how to open this (Transistor).

(driver1313 please stop me if I am talking to weard/silly stuff, and I let the convesation to the experts)

3 hours ago, Techi-Tom said:

Hi Milko

You can not only give power ti th High-Light, this Transistor:

Kombiinsrument-1.jpg

Has to open first bevor the Lamp (in the picture called HÖHE) light.

It could be driver1313 know how to open this (Transistor).

(driver1313 please stop me if I am talking to weard/silly stuff, and I let the convesation to the experts)

I dont see any other connection to the transistor.. It should just be a kind of voltage gate or so.. Hopefully i can just light up the Light.

bearbeitet von MilkoLS400

Happy New Year my helpful friends! I wish you allot of pleasurable driving hours...  31 Dec was a single great day in Lexus history.  While driving to my fathers Birthday party half way my own street suddenly the "Hi"  light started burning.. I stopped and I did hear the car pumping up to high. I stopped to have a look and damn it was really on the High position.  I switched it on normal again and it came down.  I repeated the trick about 2 times later that day and it worked... Also the "High" light came on for 2 sec when starting the car.. I was so happy... Untill 1st of january.. 2.30 AM.  I wanted to drive home.. Stepped into my car with a great smile.  Started and.. guess what......... Nothing at all...... No light.. No Hi... Just same dead shit..  I have 2 ecus in the car now.. The old one was connected when it worked.. I plugged in to the new one but it didn' t help... I probably have some cable or connection issue somewhere...  I think I will take apart the entire dashboard and just reconnect all the connectors I can find.. In my old TVR that usually does the trick..I should not forget that even the Lexus is 20 years younger than my TVR but it is still an old car..  It doesn't have Lucas parts but it certainly had 200 times more wires and electronic shit in it.. Maybe it will help with some connection spray or WD40....   But obviously the old ecu is working a bit better than the new one. The old one at least worked a full day..LOL.  I hate problem searching when the problem is occurring from time to time.. Makes measurements pretty hard to be reliable.. Does anyone have experience with this???  How to proceed when a problem is unstable?? Or could it be something else than bad connections??

Have a look at the main wiring like Battery Plus, Ignition Plus and at all Minus or called Base Ground going to the AIR SUS ECU

Start the Car / Ignition, take a second person to watch the HI Lamp and shake all the wire's coming/going to/from AIR SUS ECU.

bearbeitet von driver1313

10 minutes ago, driver1313 said:

Have a look at the main wiring like Battery Plus, Ignition Plus and at all Minus or called Base Ground going to the AIR SUS ECU

Start the Car / Ignition, take a second person to watch the HI Lamp and shake all the wire's coming/going to/from AIR SUS ECU.

Can you paste a picture of all pins of the ECU? All pins where they go?? I think you can easilly bend open the lips of the housing to go inside and meassure.,

4 hours ago, Techi-Tom said:

Hi Milko

You messured 12V to the ECU, but as driver1313 explainen the Base-ground of the ECU....

No Ground, do Power-flow, no 5v Out.

What do you mean with do power flow? I dont have 5V.. Thats true..I can see 12V is comming into the ECU.. The height sensors don' t get 5V. All coils connected to the ECU seem OK..  

Hi Milko

If you messure 12V on the Connector to the ECU, you messure with the Voltmeter from the connector to BodyGround of the Car often a Blank chassy part (+to cable, - to Ground) This is what I do.

If the groundcable of the ECU (Groundcable is by 99% white/Black) has no Ground it will not work.

Or have you messured 12v from the connector to the groundCable of the connector? (To all groundcable of the connectorsfor the ECU)

Ok, I found out what this thing in the chema is called:

Integration-relay.JPG Not a Transistor, they call it Integration Relay. As I understand a Relay with multible Input condition to trigger the Relay.

Just went out to meassure the connections. I can only meassure that the white black cables are all grounded..  Moving around the connectors doesn't change allot..  What I wonder. What made the car work last saturday?? Why it started working half way my street and worked for about one hour perfectly... with my old ECU... The new one didn' t do anything.. 

Hi Milko

Did you found time to messure the Input to the ECU, the smalles connector to the Airsuspension-ECU on pins`s

1,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 as described in the picture driver1313 sendt ?

Please take this time, to give us the Information, what is missing that the ECU does not start working.