Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

air suspension problem

MilkoLS400

Ok.. problem ist der ECU. DI260...... Kein 5V auf SBR und SBL...   Also... Dass auto hoch heben und dann ungefehr 1. minute dass motor laufen lassen kostet dir deinen air suspension ECU der neu über €2000 kosten wird...  Wahnsinn...  Dass Lexus da kein fail Safe reingebaut hat......    Sehr sehr dumm....   Aber warum ist der ECU tot??? Ich will keine neue anschliessen wenn ich nicht weiss ob der überleben wird..  Ich habe auch der compressor nicht laufen lassen können aber ich messe 68 ohm auf das compressor motor relais..  Dann zweiffele ich wieder ob ich die IM1 gefunden habe oder etwass anderes..

totally fucked.jpg

Hi Milko

If it's realy the ECU, try to fix it or try to get a used one.

The part number should look like this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Steuergeraet-Fahrwerk-LEXUS-LS-UCF20-400-8929350080-/221845920305

Regards

Tom

bearbeitet von Techi-Tom
Falscher link

3 hours ago, Techi-Tom said:

Hi Milko

If it's realy the ECU try to fix it or try to get a used one.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Steuergeraet-Fahrwerk-LEXUS-LS-UCF20-400-8929350080-/221845920305

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom.

I know the part number. I photographed practically all parts I found in my investigation.  Im still not 100% sure about my compressor circuit. Did I find IM1 or not??Replacing is easy but it feels bad not knowing what caused the ecu to die.  

The part number you gave is correct for my car.. Does anyone know what is the difference between the 89293-50080 part and the 89293-50090 ecu?? The cars where they were used in should be the same but are all the sensors really the same and is the working of the ecu really the same?? Could I use any air suspension ECU that fits the plugs? It looks identical to the 1995 and up models but part numbers are way different..   Also. Is there anyone who could explain to me how the ecu can go toast due to jacking up the car?? I can understand error codes but an entire hardware going toast due to unexpected sensor readings??  I find it still too much of a design error to be a lexus part...

bearbeitet von MilkoLS400

vor 10 Stunden schrieb MilkoLS400:

Grüss dich 1313! danke für die scanns.  Ich denke dass ich möglicherweise die IM1 gefunden habe. Stimmt es dass es sich handelt um einen connection block? Es sieht danach aus dass IM1 einen sammelpunkt ist who alles mit einander verbunden ist durch nen orangen deckel.. Sehe dass bild.   Ist dass der richtige stecker?? wenn ich da 5 und 8 vebinde passiert nichts..  Aber wenn IM1 nicht abgekoppelt ist sind alle mit einander verbunden.. hmmm.... dass ist ein bisschen komisch.  aber wenn ich es jetzt richtig gemacht habe dann muss ich zunächst dass relais testen. 

Lass bitte wissen ob es dass richtige ding ist. die IM1. Sehe dass bild.

IMG_20161222_165145.jpg

Nein, das ist nicht der Servicestecker, schaue bitte die Scans an, da ist die Form angezeigt,

Höhensteuerstecker H15 auf Seite 315 hat die Form H15 ORANGE auf Seite 321 oben !

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Techi-Tom:

Hi Milko

If it's realy the ECU try to fix it or try to get a used one.

Regards

Tom

This ECU fits to his car, 50080 is the following Match Number for LS400 UCF20 up from 07/1997

vor 7 Stunden schrieb MilkoLS400:

Ok.. problem ist der ECU. DI260...... Kein 5V auf SBR und SBL...   Also... Dass auto hoch heben und dann ungefehr 1. minute dass motor laufen lassen kostet dir deinen air suspension ECU der neu über €2000 kosten wird...  Wahnsinn...  Dass Lexus da kein fail Safe reingebaut hat......    Sehr sehr dumm....   Aber warum ist der ECU tot??? Ich will keine neue anschliessen wenn ich nicht weiss ob der überleben wird..  Ich habe auch der compressor nicht laufen lassen können aber ich messe 68 ohm auf das compressor motor relais..  Dann zweiffele ich wieder ob ich die IM1 gefunden habe oder etwass anderes..

Das eine muß mit dem anderen nichts zu tun haben, ich habe meinen öfter schon angelassen im angehobenen Zustand.

Perhaps you just had bad luck and double trouble coming up at the same time, I have more than once started the engine, when the car was jacked up.

Hallo driver1313

Ich bin der selben Meinung, Beim Anlassen sollte er ja nur die Ventile öffnen weil er denk er ist zu hoch und beim runterlassen sitzt er dann auf dem Anschlag bis er hochgepummt hat.

Deine Angaben sind ja vom UCF20 und er hat einen UCF20 II (1999) kann es sein das da was geändert hat? Ich schau mal...

In order to test if my pump can still run I would like to test a therory here first. Since I can not locate IM1 even though I have the drawings Im still kind of lost.. But I do know that in order to meassure the coil of the compressor relai I need to measure pin 9 on A14.  I also know power is pin 13 on A14.  Cant I just connect power to pin 9 with the cables pulled out of the ECU to check if the pump will start running?? In that case I don't need IM1. I dont get why im1 is there at all. it goes nowhere and all the connections are somewere on the ECU anyhow.   Do you think my way to test the compressor without using IM1 could work??  

Yep it worked.. I really dont understand why they write that I should test it on the IM1. Works perfectly well to connect pin 9 to +12V on A14.  compressor circuit is intact.. Now maybe check if there are no sensors that have a too low resistance and im willing to try a new ECU.  but first ill open up my old ECU and see what ill find in there.. ;-)

So I guess we all take a short break from the projects now. At least I will. Its time for friends and family now. I want to thank Tom and driver1313 for the good help in my quest to repair my air suspension. I wish all supporting people on this forum a super nice christmas party. Frohe Weihnachten!  I appreciate your help alot. The car will live! Machs gut und ich lass mal wissen wie es weiter geht nach die Weihnachtstage!. Merry Christmas! Ciao!

Hej friends. I hope we all had a great christmas.  Does anyone have the circuit schematics of the air suspension ecu? If i want to repair it i would need the schematics but I cant find anything. I did measure all sub systems. All coils connected to the ecu seem to be good.  I really cant find any reason for the ECU to be toast..  Bad designing is the only answer i can come up with.. Bad designing in a lexus???

Hi Milko

The only Diagram I find is from lextreme for an 1UZFE/LS400

http://www.lextreme.com/misc1.html

It coud be driver1313 has an more up to date one.

I do not think about a bad ecu-design. First check all capacitors if one of them is leaking.

Regards Tom

The two cheapest ways to check are:

- Find the orange connector i showed in the pics from the book, the outside form ist shown in the pics too. Connecting there can let you start compressor, and raise or fall the car axlewise.

- Take out left headlamp, cross the relay's contacts to start the compressor if he works or not.

- Connect Tc and E1 of Diagnosis Connector at left Drivers Leg down the round cap, switch on IGN and the HEIGHT Lamp should show CODE 73 cause Engine is off, thats normal.

- The HEIGHT Lamp must lighten short after Switching on IGN and light on if HIGH is activated. But it could be the bulb is dead, in the Meter are 29 Lamps with 1,4W and 3 with 2,0W Power at 14V.

First answer these questions/options to check before you move on with "try & error".

7 hours ago, Techi-Tom said:

Hi Milko

The only Diagram I find is from lextreme for an 1UZFE/LS400

http://www.lextreme.com/misc1.html

It coud be driver1313 has an more up to date one.

I do not think about a bad ecu-design. First check all capacitors if one of them is leaking.

Regards Tom

I took the old ECU apart. None of them looks like leaking. Everything looked sterile in there. Brand new.. Shining print. Haha. But in order to measure I need schematics.  I dont know why I have no 5V on the sensor connectors but trouble solving guide says check and replace ECU.. Well. in order to check I need circuit as well.  I measured the resistance on all air valves.. All exactly 10,5 ohm.. since all are the same it looks quite OK.. The pump is running.. so that circuit is Ok as well.   What else could I try before connecting the replacement ECU??  I did order a second hand ECU with 3 months warranty.. But would still try to repair the old one.  Always good to have a spare with self destructing parts. LOL

Hi Milko

The good thing is, you know your Airsuspension ECU looks clean. Messure the resistance of the valves is nice and you know the coils ar ok. But you do not know if they move. (Open-Close) or seal.

If the ECU is broken, the cause coud be sommething outside the ECU, and to avoid to burn your spare, PLEASE follow the test-procedure from driver1313.

Find this dam Test-Connector. Take a picture where you are estimate to find this Connector.

As you do not find it, I go down to my Lexus and try to find it for you and take a picture where my connector is locatet.

Kind Regards

Tom

bearbeitet von Techi-Tom

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Techi-Tom:

driver1313 please correct me if I am wrong, thanks

No, you're right, this is H15 as shown on the printed Book I fotographed for you.

Please check if  at (the smallest) Connector A15 Pin 7 are 9-12V if you switch to HIGH.

If it is not the ECU would be burnt and the lamp in the Headunit is working2016-12-29 15.02.48.jpg

2016-12-29 14.55.52.jpg

Hi there. Thanx for all the effords.

I am somehow a bit confused. Part of the confusion is caused by the sudden rise of a H15(or is it A15??) connector that we never spoke of before. Also I wonder if my 1999 model would be the same.  Also I like to point out that I have already tested most of the points of this list:

- Find the orange connector i showed in the pics from the book, the outside form ist shown in the pics too. Connecting there can let you start compressor, and raise or fall the car axlewise.

The orange connector(I think you mean the IM1) was never found in my car.. Its not there where it shows on the picture. But I could test the compressor without it. It worked pretty well. I shorted the pin on the ecu that goes directly to the compressor relais with the +12V ECU power supply pin and it worked fine. I only let the compressor run for 4 seconds. The book clearly stated I should not run it longer than 15 seconds

- Take out left headlamp, cross the relay's contacts to start the compressor if he works or not.  like I have said the compressor including relais works fine. Sounded lively to me.

- Connect Tc and E1 of Diagnosis Connector at left Drivers Leg down the round cap, switch on IGN and the HEIGHT Lamp should show CODE 73 cause Engine is off, thats normal.

How can I see a code at all?? What is lighting up or showing codes?? I have never seen any code in my car at all.. 

- The HEIGHT Lamp must lighten short after Switching on IGN and light on if HIGH is activated. But it could be the bulb is dead, in the Meter are 29 Lamps with 1,4W and 3 with 2,0W Power at 14V.

It can not be the bulb only.. First of all the switch didn't make the compressor run and car stayed low in the back. I did follow the steps in the problem table list here:http://lexus-doc.ru/ileaf/lex99rm/lex99rms/99lexrm/99ls400r/di/emas1/pst.pdf      And In the sensor circuit I clearly had no 5V on the sensor circuit.. The next step is to check and replace ECU..  To be sure I checked the resistance in the valves coils and they were all the same. Electronics should not be over loaded now I guess..  

Can anyone tell me where H15 or A15 connector  test procedure suddenly comes from? Is it applicable in a 1999 ls400?  

Tom. Thank you allot for showing me where it is located..   Now I still need to find out what you mean or what I should do with it..

Grüss!

vor 8 Stunden schrieb MilkoLS400:

Hi there. Thanx for all the effords.

1 The orange connector(I think you mean the IM1) was never found in my car.. Its not there where it shows on the picture. But I could test the compressor without it. It worked pretty well. I shorted the pin on the ecu that goes directly to the compressor relais with the +12V ECU power supply pin and it worked fine. I only let the compressor run for 4 seconds. The book clearly stated I should not run it longer than 15 seconds

2 like I have said the compressor including relais works fine. Sounded lively to me.

3 How can I see a code at all?? What is lighting up or showing codes?? I have never seen any code in my car at all.. 

4 It can not be the bulb only.. First of all the switch didn't make the compressor run and car stayed low in the back. I did follow the steps in the problem table list here:http://lexus-doc.ru/ileaf/lex99rm/lex99rms/99lexrm/99ls400r/di/emas1/pst.pdf      And In the sensor circuit I clearly had no 5V on the sensor circuit.. The next step is to check and replace ECU..  To be sure I checked the resistance in the valves coils and they were all the same. Electronics should not be over loaded now I guess..  

5 Can anyone tell me where H15 or A15 connector  test procedure suddenly comes from? Is it applicable in a 1999 ls400?  

Tom. Thank you allot for showing me where it is located..   Now I still need to find out what you mean or what I should do with it..

Grüss!

H15 is the Orange one to check Air Suspension by connecting Battery Power with the crossing Outlines shown in the pics of Pages 317-321 i posted first and A15,16,17 are the three white one they're plugged in the Air Sus ECU. Look at the pics above.

1: The Orange H15 is not IM1 !

2: OK. Compressor works, I noticed that.

3: Connecting the above told pins at the Diagnosis Plug let the HIGH Light blinking slow for Numbers 10,20,30 ......90 and fast for 1,2,3,4...0

4: Looks like a Problem inside ECU

5: Air Sus ist all the same from 1989 to 1999

I believe now, the ECU is burnt. But i do not believe by jacking up the car. Double Trouble may occurse sometimes....

What I want to ask..  Should I do the test above with the new ECU in place or the old one?? Should I run the test with the ecu plugged in at all??   

Ohh.. I Already confirmed the switch circuit is OK. The voltages show as they should. 12 V and 0V..   Still having no light..  Can it be that the light is a crucial part of the circuit?? if the light breaks the circuit stops working?? Ill try the Tc and E1 connection. see what happens..

bearbeitet von MilkoLS400

OK.. Now im getting a whole lot more confused... In my car I have only an ODBII connector..  Where DLC2 should be there is only a big hole.. Someone did work on this car in the past apparently..  No  way to know why and what since I bought the car 2 years ago with 301000 km on the counter.. but I can see there is a lot sub standard wiring where DLC2 should be.. I guess Im screwed... Anyone interested in a ls400???

IMG_20161230_130516.jpg

IMG_20161230_130529.jpg