Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Soarer 2,0GT Twin Turbo

Boergy

Wo hast denn das her :thumbup: Davon hab ich noch nie was gehört und hier steht dazu auch nix...

History Celica Supra MK II

EDIT: Hab doch noch was gefunden...

These great little engines are REV happy with a redline of 8000 RPM. I think they are better suited for the lighter MKII though. HKS made a stroker kit (pistons and crank) to punch it out to a 2.5 liter.

I had a N/A version (1G-GEU) in my `85 Celica XX (Celica Supra). I installed a HKS turbo kit with a TO4/ F-CON/ 1.5 mm steel head gasket to lower the compression ratio (but not enough) but didn't have enough fuel so I blew #2 cyl. I bought a used 1G-GTEU from a junk yard. I swapped the manifolds & head gasket and dropped the engine in along with the proper ECU and she screamed!!! I would be doing 180KPH/ 112MPH in 3rd @ 5000 RPM. I still had about 3000 grand more and all of 4th and 5th. I never got to go through all the gears because Okinawa, Japan was a very small island and the longest stretch where we used to drag race was under 1/2 mile before making some tight turns.

In 91-92 the Mk III Supra and the Soarer (Lexus SC300) came with 5 engines to choose from:

1G-GE (2.0 N/A), 1G-GTE (2.0 twin turbo), 1JZ-GTE (2.5 twin turbo), 7M-GE (3.0 N/A), and the 7M-GTE (3.0 turbo).

Das ganze kannst hier nachlesen...

I-Supra.com - 1G-GTE

Bei uns gab's aber nur die Variante 3,0 N/A oder 3,0 Turbo (also 7M-GE oder 7M-GTE).

Groupbuy, Import , Swap :clap:

bearbeitet von FreakMR2

mh...hats ja ur viel Motore im SC gegeben :clap: wieso nie bei uns :D irgendwie is Europe immer noch die "alte" Welt :thumbup: ich glaub ich zieh um :D

@RR....hat nicht der eine den Krümmer vom 2,0 TT gehabt im IS? :D

aja..stimmt das, das der 2,0TT nur ca 200PS gehabt hat :look:

greets

BaBö