Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Side Mirror / Spiegelglas

joemg

Hello,

I'm from the US and trying to locate a SC430 part unique to LHD European models.

On your driver side mirrors, I believe you have different mirror glass than the USDM models.  In the pic below, it shows a dotted line on the mirror glass where there is a wider viewing angle.  I believe this is part# 8796124210.

This part is very expensive to order directly from Lexus/Toyota.  I was wondering where you would go if you needed this replacement part?  Either an affordable manufacturer for a new part, or a good condition part from a junkyard / auto breaker.

Can you point me in the right direction of where to look?  Or does anyone on here know of a SC430 being parted out?

Thank you!

Joe

spacer.png

Hello,

I'm looking for the driver side mirror glass with the dotted line on the glass and wider viewing angle.  I believe this is part #8796124210.  I'm pretty sure that all of the LHD European SC430s have it, my USDM SC430 does not.

I used part would be fine as long as the glass is in great condition.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, a_wizards_war said:

Try to hit up user @Is300sportcrossi, he should have some SC 430 parts and maybe the ones you need. I don't know whether he posts to the US but might be worth a try.

Thank you! I just sent him a message.  Unfortunately it says "Is300sportcrossi cannot receive messages." Maybe he will see this post.

I also posted in the classifieds section for parts wanted.

bearbeitet von joemg

Great! You could maybe use some patience as I believe he does not log in here so often. But if you scroll through his posts you should somewhere find his cell phone number so you can maybe message him via WhatsApp. Good luck!

Oh, I think his mailbox might be full then. Maybe he sees your post on his feed and replies.

Otherwise, you can sign up on this german page ebay Kleinanzeigen, and then write him here:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-bestandsliste.html?userId=40798835

if your mirror glass was broken or damaged, what sites would you typically look at for a replacement other than the dealership?

In the US we have places like rockauto.com that sell lots of oem replacement parts, some made by the manufacturer and some are third party.  Usually pretty inexpensive, depending on the part.  Do you have sites like this?

I looked at ebay.de but there wasn't much there.  Do you have something else?

Thanks!

bearbeitet von joemg

Unfortunately, there are no aftermarket manufacturers for Lexus parts in Europe. Lexus is an exotic here and there are far too few vehicles in Germany that it would be worthwhile for aftermarket manufacturers to produce parts.
If we are looking for cheap parts we have to import parts from aftermarket manufacturers from the USA or Japan. We sometimes even buy original parts abroad because many original parts are extremely expensive at Lexus dealers.