Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

THE MONSTER

• Antworten 114
  • Created
  • Letzte Antwort

Top Posters In This Topic

so...last night the mission to solve the heat soak issues when drifting were started

Out with the Viscous fan, fan shroud and std radiator

outwiththeold.jpg

the new parts consist of x2 Pacet profans, Aluminium radiator, new coolant and water wetter

inwiththenew.jpg

after removing the original stuff, space was created......but not enough so some fabrication and modification was required

space.jpg

finaly.....as in at 01:30 all was in, the wireing done, just an issue with fues poping, its been found that the initial start up of the fans draws more than 30 amps, which was the only fuses i had :tooth:

allfitted.jpg

fanscloseup.jpg

30A :tooth: Careful not to stand too close to the grill :tooth: Debris and small animals may get sucked in.

I guess people will jump up when that turbine kicks in :bleh:

Excellent :D

RX-Men-8

Hey! You put back the standard instrument cluster! :naughty: (is it the 180mph version?)

As always, impressive car, with impressive clouds of smoke :D

Seems like a lot of fun!

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

bearbeitet von RX-Men-8

• 5 weeks later...

well not had chance to do much lately, other than actually use the car....:thumbs:

so now things are quieting down , thought id pull my finger out and get some bits done.

today i removed all the fuel system that was almost installed completely in the Blue car and have relocated it in the White car.

Jesus, making up the goodridge unions is a pain in the *****, but, ......it gets quicker each time:thumbs:

so i got most of it in today..

fuelsystem1.jpg

fuelsystem5.jpg

fuelsystem4.jpg

need to make up the ally box for the fuel cell, and then route the lines for the fuel to the engine, and the return from the FPR, the car currently runs a HKS FPR but that will be changed to a Aeromotive one

• 2 months later...

Fuel pump electrics

fuelsystemwireing.jpg

Modified sunroof rails still has tilt...no slide, this allows fitting of the rollcage

strip3.jpg

starting to strip back the wire loom....to remove all un-needed wires

strip1.jpg

The Brains...HKS F-Con V_PRO ecu, and Racelogic traction and launch control

strip4.jpg

modified heater box, and heater/fan controls, and half way through the de-wire fun........ :g:

ilovewireing.jpg

oh look.....

the std front bumper....is back on

newoldfront5.jpg

and ive fitted the IS300 HID headlights, tommorow im going to rewire them so that the "high beam" will come on, as the normal lights...as in DRL (daytime running lights), and the hid will come on as the full beam, as the car is no longer a road car...as such, twill be ok...the side light will be re wired as an indicator, and the indicator hole will be plugged with a high intensity strobe....(just for the hell of it.....lol)

i am using the "narrow" front wings from the blue car, as i have now re-adjusted the front camber to tuck the wheels further in at the top, this gives better traction and steering response on the front

newoldfront6.jpg

you will also notice the GT wing has gone.......a new super special super nice spoiler

carbonwing5.jpg

carbonwing1.jpg

carbonwing2.jpg

and for the standerd front bumper i will be modifying this....

newoldfront2.jpg

The WALD front lip, to match my WALD side skirts, and the new rear skirt.....

rearskirt.jpg

also from WALD

• 4 weeks later...

Today got part of my order in from Mocal

x4 AN -16 weld on threaded bungs (for the Breather system)

x2 AN -16 90 deg Unions (for Breather system)

x2 AN -4 caps (for the Coolant system)

x1 AN -8 weld on threaded bung (for the coolant system)

x1 AN -6 weld on threaded bung (for the Coolant system)

aeroquipunions.jpg

and part of the new cooling system set up will consist of this item, which was bought from one of the NASCAR teams in the US, will allow me to run higher pressure in the coolant system once i sort out the new plumbing..... it also has built in pressure testing and will allow me to constant bleed of from 4 points in the engine...which should help aleviate the over heating issues ive been having, as the header tank will give me a bigger reserve of coolant......hopefully

its all overkill, but i belive if your gonna do it once...do it right

coolingsystem1.jpg

coolingsystem2.jpg

and the roll cage specifications are:

specifications are as follows:

Main Hoop - 50mm Od/2mm

Main Frame - 45mm Od/2.5mm

Support/Rest - 38mm Od/2.5mm

Triangulation - 38mm Od/1.6mm

the car is picked up on Sunday from Cambridge