Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

THE MONSTER

• Antworten 114
  • Created
  • Letzte Antwort

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this Monster get finished once a time?!? :(

Seems there is always some work to do, but I know how it makes fun to finish and finish and finish and finish the own project. B)

Is this a NOS bottle or a fire extinguisher in the middle? :naughty:

fire extinguisher Mike......

Because of where the front legs of the rollcage were welded in , it means i had to move the location of the fuse boxes.........

now, everything on the steering column re wired less the nice little illuminating ring, around the key

columnrewired.jpg

ive still goto rewire the plugs from the drivers side that went into the fusebox, to the fusebox now behind the passenger seat, and then make the wires for the plugs for the passenger side fusebox around 4" longer

then......im at the point i was hoping to be at , last week before i got the car back with the cage in

loomrewire1.jpg

once im happy everything works again....it will all come out again, the insides will be painted, then

re-install all the loom

put the dash back in

move and tidy up the wires for the F Con V pro

seats in

wire in the new instrument cluster

plumb in the remainder of the fuel system

plumb in the fire extinguisher

blah

blah

blah

• 3 weeks later...

Mike...u will notice, ive removed the speakers now :scared:

..not got much done over the past week...done some more wireing, also sorted out the dash bar, which needed re-possitioning to allow the original heater box to be refitted, also sorted out the steering column mount and brackets....and now have the fuse box's mounted.

test fitted a spare dash i have, and all seems to fit in well enough, only minor trimming required

column1.jpg

column2.jpg

and..... the cage is now painted....

paintedcage3.jpg

paintedcage6.jpg

and started to put the dash and bits back in....

paintedcage4.jpg

and new rear spoiler on..:wub:

painedcage1.jpg

i still have some of the old loom to rewire, need to get the ecu holder from Sumo, and wire in all the new sensors

also need to get the fuel cell mounting/case made up still, as well as tons of niggling things

• 2 months later...

ok, back for the weekend..........been away working ....again

Wiring nearly finished, or should i say the factory wiring that had to be redone due to the slight oversight of the roll cage manufacturer, to actually leave space for the fuseboxes in the footwells...............hmmm

24march2007wiringandlights.jpg

the drivers side fuse box is now located behind the passenger seat

24march2007wiringandlights1.jpg

the centre console needs redoing, the cabin heater controls are now in the glovebox ..

24march2007wiringandlights10.jpg

need to fasten all the cables down now....final hurdle was getting the dam lights working, after about 4 hours of faffing about finally got my "daytime running light" modification working (DRL is what the high beams are used for in the USA, so have done away with the high beam)

also finally got the IS300 factory HID working on the car....

DRL

24march2007wiringandlights7.jpg

DRL and HID

24march2007wiringandlights4.jpg

still need to drop the factory fuel tank, mount the fuel cell, run the rest of the fuel lines, and plumb them in.....then redo centre console and the final bits.....when, Dunno!

a Pal came down and helped get me back on track, and do my ally welding for me...and what a sorted Job was done, it was a long ol day, with interesting weather.................to say the least!

Firstly was to remove the radiator, as the original filler neck would be removed, and a hole needed drilling in the bottom tank, the filler neck and the hole had Weld on unions...erm welded on

weldingday.jpg

I had to modify, the new power steering pot(small one) and the self bleeding coolant header tank (other one)

weldingday3.jpg

after the radiator was installed back in, you can see where the top bleed hose now is fitted, onto the welded union at the top of the radiator...where the original filler neck was

you can also see the modified aluminium Greddy top radiator pipe...that was also done today, was designed for a Supra, so needed trimming to fit in the engine bay of the IS200

weldingday4.jpg

and here is where the feed pipe from the self bleeding coolant header tank feeds back into the system, bottom of the radiator

weldingday5.jpg

After a bit of magic, the aluminium fuel cell container was fabricated..............

weldingday6.jpg

a different View...Jimbo at the front...cheers Mate, excellent Job

weldingday7.jpg

new power steering pot....awaiting a mounting bracket making up..................

weldingday8.jpg

and the coolant self bleeding header tank and its plethora of fittings.......the header tank was got from a scrapped NASCAR in the US, a Friend, deals with the end of life recycling of many of Race teams cars, the original over flow tank, will now be located under the passenger side fender

the fittings will allow another x2 coolant returns/bleeds to be installed, it also has a pressure test point, so the system can be pressure checked using compressed air

weldingday9.jpg

Bazza and Jane (his better Half) came down this weekend....helped me do a little bit of work......

monsterandbarrie.jpg

well not much to show for 3 days hard graft, the instruments wiring has been a royal pain in the ass.

also ran the car up with the new cooling system layout...all works fine, but i need a small adaptor for the radiator union as it fouls the bonnet, also made a temporary fix for the coolant overflow from the coolant header tank....

this afternoon went on a bit of a Jaunt on the Training area near my house, and just happened to stumble upon an old Lynx Military Helicopter, so liberated it of some of its wiring products!!

tomorrow will get the tacho up and running...hopefully, then start tidying up all the wiring......maybe

centerconsoleelectrics.jpg

centerconsole.jpg

also need to fit the isolator cut off switch, and the fire extinguisher pull handle....then i can cover the centre console switch panel

well had a play with the tacho...now its working, played with the shift light settings, and fitted the shift light

tachooperating.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

then made up the proper centre console mounts and trimmed the console in a bit of Alacantera i had lying around, now....the car looks like its coming together

coveredconsole1.jpg

coveredconsole3.jpg

tommorow will fit the Extinguisher pull...........(maybe)

got the last of the instruments in...

EVC 5, to the right of the steering wheel

evcinstalled.jpg

and short of finally plumbing the feed and return lines from the fuel cell.....fire extinguisher tubes, and a few little bits....blah blah

the car is almost complete!!!, which should be great as i am away for another 5 weeks very soon, so shouldnt have much to come back and do

so..

front lip

waldfront.jpg

or no front lip

monsterdriftalmostcomplete.jpg

Hi Mat,

so what ist your timeline for this year? Any D1UK challenges to take part? Meetings? When will the car be ready?... May is peeping through my window...

Go for "front lip"!

bearbeitet von PhoneDrome

• 1 month later...

ive not been around much to do anything...so had the car shipped of to TDI to get me on track a little more.....

1-1.jpg

factory fuel tank now removed, old twin hiper boxes removed...just need to work out how im going to do the exhaust now

5.jpg

and i just like this shot.....

6.jpg

still have to run the new fuel lines........

the car is at TDI to finish of the fuel lines and do a few alterations.....

the fuel line routing has been going well.

Running them under the car..

braidedfuellines1.jpg

Pump and filter...

braidedfuellines2.jpg

The swirl pot and primary pumps......almost done now

braidedfuellines3.jpg

The box for the fuel cell was made a while back, ive had the rear cusco brace modified to fit with the Fuel cell, and also support and secure the cell at the same time....

cuscobracemod1.jpg

cuscobracemod3.jpg

cuscobracemod2.jpg