Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

THE MONSTER

• Antworten 114
  • Created
  • Letzte Antwort

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think of protecting all the fuel stuff in the trunk of any damage due to any

accident or something?

Maybe it can get dangerous if something happens to the back of your car, during racing or

get hitted by a car from behind. :shocking:

bearbeitet von RoadRash

Hi Mike, the stuff is all possitioned in a way that it would have to be a considerable impact to hit the fuel cell or pumps, all the pipes will have enough movement in them to allow the different parts of the system to move in different directions without splitting any of the fuel lines.

coupled with the fact that there is an emergency electrical cutout which will disable all the pumps and the cars electrics at the push of a button.

Ah.... that's smart! :shocking:

I was just thinking of a bad situation where fire would be the last what you would need.

At least nothing should be there which could make sparks or producing high temp.

• 2 months later...

well the boot side of things is done.....

the fuel system is finished and works great....... i may consider a fuel cooler at some point, i need to keep an eye on fuel temps as the swirl pot get hot during prolonged use....

jae2.jpg

battery is now mounted as well, still need to wire in the electrical cut out, and a few small bits and bobs.........well, its never really going to ever be finished it it..?

heres a couple of shots from JAE 07

jae9.jpg

jae7.jpg

jae11.jpg

jae10.jpg

had the car down at TDI yesterday getting the car corner wighted, and the chassis dynamics set up on there new 3d John Bean Arago alignment machine........

all i can say is WOW....

this thing is amazing, it takes every possible measurement you could possibly ever ever need

i mean its serious motorsport stuff..........

anyway the car was fitted with some suspension parts i developed for the car....and the settings were adjusted.

I opted for the ideal settings to preserve the rear tyres and allow a better footprint.

Rear

Camber -1 degree

Toe 0

Front

Camber - 3 degrees

Toe 0

Castor + 6 degrees

We used the natural rear camber adjusters until they "maxed out" then the new "white rods" to conclude the angles.... Reason for this is that i wanted as many threads as possible "inside" the adjustable rods to retain strength.

Also i opted to correct the front camber positions using the natural adjusters because this would keep the KPI declined.... This is beneficial as an aid to return the steering since the "non-adjustable" castor finished at 6 degrees.

The lock angles and TOOT are still subject to testing.... I think this is wise since today's transition needs feedback. From this we can work on tuning the calibration rather than "blanket bombing" it in one session

The car on the corner weights and john bean arago

wim1.jpg

wim2.jpg

John Bean - Automotive Wheel Service Equipment

the work was done at TDI by Tony Bones, a true geometry genius from Wheels In Motion

Wheels-InMotion

Did you change the fenders to get the new xenon headlights mounted?

I tried to change them but the screewholes of my '99er fender didn't fit the hid lights (think they were '03)

Awesome. ;)

I guess you wanted more of a self centering steering for drifting as the standard (non adjustable) IS castor does barely nothing to return the steering to its straigt position?

The car may feel totally different now, does it handle more easily?

Holidays well spent :D

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

• 2 years later...

Eine frage / one question

wie viel hat des Spaß den jetzt so gekostet ? also Geld ... / Zeit und Schweiß = Unbezahlbar und nicht vergessen die LIEBE ..... echt heftig das Auto. :g: :g: :( :g: :g: .. mir kommen echt die tränen :cry: ... will auch :( :bleh: