Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h - test drive

BluesMan

Hello friends,

Yesterday I went to my dealer for 45 000 km inspection. Just one year and one week after I picked my RX400h from him. While waiting form my car

I had a chance for a short test drive of RX450h. Before I left, the dealer told me that 450 seems to be more "lazy" then 400 as it is more heavy.

So I left for a ride, which showed the car was a bit more lazy then my 400 however the engine is more powerful. Then I have noticed on the

display ECO MODE, which I figured it is economical mode. I have not found out how to switch it off so as I returned to the dealer I asked him

to switch off and then we left together for a new ride as I convinced him that now the 450 will be no more lazy. And I was right....the power is there,

the acceleration is fantastic. In general 450 is more comfortable, seats are better, drive is a bit more smooth, starting the engine with power button is great. I had no time to familiar myself with all controls, there seems to be more buttons then in 400. Head up display is great, active cruise control, too.

As the main display is now more deep in the front it seems there is a bit more space around the driver. As you unbutton the safety belt the seat moves back a bit to ease getting out of the care. However I was not so happy with the main display, it looks more as PC desktop screen and as I wear

glasses and do not see well it was not so easy for me to orient myself on the screen. Maybe change of colors would help but I have not checked the

settings if it is possible. It seems to me the new display is giving more information at once but they are not so clearly visible (for me) as less information on current display. Using the "mouse" was o.k., even during the drive, however my first impression was that the touch screen was more convenient.

I had no chance to try iPod compatibility as it has to be connected via mini USB connector. Bluetooth connection with my iPhone was immediate

unfortunately I have not tried phonebook transfer. Making calls was o.k. as in 400. I hope this give you some basic information about new 450 and

it helps you to concentrate on some specific issues in time of your test drive. Please, see attached some pictures taken with my iPhone.

Best regards,BluesMan

post-4632-1246450592_thumb.jpg

bearbeitet von BluesMan