Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TTE Kompressor noise

Hello everyone,

Quite a while ago a thread was started here by someone, discussing my Swedish IS200. I replied in that thread, but since then I haven't had time to answer all the questions asked. I'll do that as soon as I can :thumbup:

Anyway, I've modified my car a bit more. The supercharger kit arrived and I fitted it a few weeks ago. It pulls perfectly which is great, but it makes a noise that I'm not too sure about. It's like a whistling noise, only present in revs below 3000 rpm. I've tested a lot of things and my conclusion is that the sound is coming from within the supercharger unit itself or possible the pulley.

I've managed to find another kit here in Sweden and I will borrow the supercharger to see if it's quiet, but first I thought I'd let you hear what I mean and maybe identify the noise. Cheers :)

Two short videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcxXukahCbg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS-TbeZ2-5w

A few pics of my car:

56311-1346457.jpg

56311-1346473.jpg

56311-1349644.jpg

56311-1373131.jpg

bearbeitet von P.Lindblom

I think that high pitched whistle shouldn't be there, at least mine didn't do that.

You have the standard TTE kit, right? With the TTE airbox?

Do you have the ribbed drivebelt more to the front or to the rear grooves on the charger pulley? Maybe you can provide some pics of the install.

Very nice what you've done to the exterior, by the way :lol: Nice wheels, legana front, carbon hood, skirts, lights :(

• 1 month later...

übrigens ist patrick mittlerweile auf die ursache des problems gekommen, nachdem er seinen komp. von mehreren fachleuten hat begutachten hat lassen.

scheinbar handelt es sich um einen produktionsfehler. zitat:

The center of the supercharger axle isn't properly aligned with the center of the pulley and its bearing.

This means it's a fabrication fault and the supercharger will never be able to run silently.

link zum thread: KLICK

aber das beste ist ja mal wieder das hier...

On top of that, the seller (Markus Reinisch) stopped answering my e-mails quite a while ago, when I sent him the video comparison between the borrowed supercharger and mine.

das sieht unserem hr. reinisch (driftmaster) wieder mal ähnlich. :D

bearbeitet von PhreekySicko