Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Registering my i220d RHD in Hamburg

Hi

I've brought my RHD i220d over from the UK (too good to leave behind!!) now that I am living in Hamburg.

I want to get is registered and know that I need to change the headlights at least.

Looking for any advice, suggestions of good garages to do the job, and any other tips, please.

Thank you.

Cheers, Rod

Hey Rod,

not sure about registration, I believe you have to register your car here if plan to stay over six months or so. Though, I know some folks from France, who'd drive their car with French number plates in Hamburg for years already and seem to have no probs at all ;) If you still decide to register your Lexus here, getting German insurance and TÜV (MOT) will be an issue too. In order to get TÜV, you'll definitely need to change the headlights and, maybe, speedo from miles to kilometer. Just drop by any TÜV station and ask what they require. Regarding good garages, well, to have a good job done, you'll have to bring it to Toyota / Lexus. Due to the fact that Lexus is not that widespread in Germany, independent garages are mostly not really aware of how to deal with this brand. Spare parts are rare and sometimes overpriced, too. Thus, if you really want to have a good service for you Lex, you'll probably have to visit the only Lexus Forum in Hamburg, which is in Nedderfeld.

P.S.: Welcome to Hamburg! :thumbup: