Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SPC Horsham IS200 Turbo

dimis

These guys have done an amazing job. 330bhp with OEM internals. They have done over 60dynos and no problems yet. They are aiming to reach 550bhp.

Nice one :D

But I hope they did something with the suspension as well. And somehow the power must taken to the street :(

• 2 weeks later...

Laut UK Forum waren jetzt falsche Mappings auf den Fcon V-Pro ECUs seitens TDI

dran schuld daß die Motoren auseinander flogen. :lol:

Ich würde aber trotzdem aufpassen und die 0,6-0,7bar am IS200 (ohne Tausch der Innereien) nicht überschreiten :cry: ,

meines Wissens musst du dich schon im Grenzbereich bewegen, damit der Motor wegen

einem falschen Mapping auseinanderfliegt. :lol:

Und wenn schon so viel Ladedruck, dann bitte im unteren rpm-Bereich.

Der John hat bei meinem IS300 aufgrund des 5-Gang Getriebes auch den LD (bzw. Drehmoment)

im oberen Drehzahlbereich zurückgenommen, daher hohe Drehzahl --> hohe Belastung (& viel Hitze) bedeutet.

Habe ja nicht umsonst Dual Valve Springs im IS300 drin die bis 10.000rpm reichen.

Beim IS200 würde ich halt aufgrund des Motors bisschen mit der Drehzahl+Drehmoment aufpassen. :D

Many many Lexus owners in UK clubs have the same question. How is is possible to have so much power output with OEM internals. Well SPC persists that they are using OEM internals and no secrets or tricks. They are tending to increase the boost up to the point where the engine will fail. They are intending to find out well where the engine will break. At the time being the car is working at 1.0-1.1 bar boost and the output is 330bhp at the flywheel. They have said that they have done many many (around 90) dyno runs and the car still works ok. Also many members that have taken their Lexus cars to the garage for service have taken the specific car for a test drive and they agree that the car is very powerful and has no problems during driving. SPC states that they have managed to program very well the aftermarket ECU (Apexi) and that is the reason that they have not any problems. "All the trick is to have correct fuel management" that is what they say. They intend to reach the car up to 550bhp and that is why the call the project IS550. For the time being they want to know how much boost pressure the engine can handle with OEM internals. I can say that they have done a good work. As roadrash stated TDi tried in the past to increase pressure in the TTE Kompressors and also at the Turbo conversions but all tests failed. This was due to the wrong program that they used with the FCON ECU. I am not sure if that was the only problem....

bearbeitet von dimis

Hy

Ich kann das irgendwie nicht glauben! Weil ein OEM Motor der die Doppelte leistung schafft ist verdammt schon viel, Fraglich bleibt dann nur wie so ein Motor dann haltet! :rolleyes:

So viel ich gehört habe das den Motoren der Drehmoment weniger ausmacht als wie Drehzahl zu erhöhen

Eine Gute ECU macht schon sehr viel aus, deswegen habe ich mir auch das Haltech bestellt.

aber trotzdem ich denke auf die dauer haltet der motor mit serien innerein das sicher nicht lange aus! ;)

lg Pate

ps: Wenn das wirklich haltbar sein sollte dann steht ja einem M90charger nichts im wege!! :question:

bearbeitet von Pate

Hy

Ich kann das irgendwie nicht glauben! Weil ein OEM Motor der die Doppelte leistung schafft ist verdammt schon viel, Fraglich bleibt dann nur wie so ein Motor dann haltet! :D

So viel ich gehört habe das den Motoren der Drehmoment weniger ausmacht als wie Drehzahl zu erhöhen

Eine Gute ECU macht schon sehr viel aus, deswegen habe ich mir auch das Haltech bestellt.

aber trotzdem ich denke auf die dauer haltet der motor mit serien innerein das sicher nicht lange aus! :D

lg Pate

ps: Wenn das wirklich haltbar sein sollte dann steht ja einem M90charger nichts im wege!! ;)

Good buy Pate! ;)

Many many Lexus owners in UK clubs have the same question. How is is possible to have so much power output with OEM internals. Well SPC persists that they are using OEM internals and no secrets or tricks. They are tending to increase the boost up to the point where the engine will fail. They are intending to find out well where the engine will break. At the time being the car is working at 1.0-1.1 bar boost and the output is 330bhp at the flywheel. They have said that they have done many many (around 90) dyno runs and the car still works ok. Also many members that have taken their Lexus cars to the garage for service have taken the specific car for a test drive and they agree that the car is very powerful and has no problems during driving. SPC states that they have managed to program very well the aftermarket ECU (Apexi) and that is the reason that they have not any problems. "All the trick is to have correct fuel management" that is what they say. They intend to reach the car up to 550bhp and that is why the call the project IS550. For the time being they want to know how much boost pressure the engine can handle with OEM internals. I can say that they have done a good work. As roadrash stated TDi tried in the past to increase pressure in the TTE Kompressors and also at the Turbo conversions but all tests failed. This was due to the wrong program that they used with the FCON ECU. I am not sure if that was the only problem....

Yes maybe TDi didn't do a good job on the mapping, but I'm not sure about blowing +1bar of boost into some N/A engine which is running on 10:1 CR?! ;)

There is some physical issue for the engine not surviving that after longer time of pushing it hard.

And as I mentioned in the UK forum, 90 dynos is nothing in opposite to hunting the car around some race track under real conditions.

On the dyno you don't have speed, you don't have air resistance, you don't have hills, you are not drifting, the rear wheels are running same speed,

so there is nothing to compete with real conditions.

That's why I'm pretty sceptic about all those SPC stories.

In my opinion a car is bulletproof when you chase it around some racetrack,

doing quarter mile races, drifting and nothing happens..... this means bulletproof.

I don't care about dynoruns, I could have done 100 dynos with the W55 transmission and 600BHP,

there will be nothing serious..... but I wouldn't want to do some serious 1/4 mile launches.... good bye tranny...

Also the IS300 2JZ-GE engine shouldn't be pushed over 450BHP in OEM condition and its internals look much stronger than those of the IS200.

So I would be a little careful with their offer....

@Pate

Gefährlich ist --> Drehmoment + Drehzahl --> Querkraft auf das Plauel --> Bruch! ;)

bearbeitet von RoadRash

Yes maybe TDi didn't do a good job on the mapping, but I'm not sure about blowing +1bar of boost into some N/A engine which is running on 10:1 CR?! ;)

There is some physical issue for the engine not surviving that after longer time of pushing it hard.

And as I mentioned in the UK forum, 90 dynos is nothing in opposite to hunting the car around some race track under real conditions.

On the dyno you don't have speed, you don't have air resistance, you don't have hills, you are not drifting, the rear wheels are running same speed,

so there is nothing to compete with real conditions.

That's why I'm pretty sceptic about all those SPC stories.

In my opinion a car is bulletproof when you chase it around some racetrack,

doing quarter mile races, drifting and nothing happens..... this means bulletproof.

I don't care about dynoruns, I could have done 100 dynos with the W55 transmission and 600BHP,

there will be nothing serious..... but I wouldn't want to do some serious 1/4 mile launches.... good bye tranny...

Also the IS300 2JZ-GE engine shouldn't be pushed over 450BHP in OEM condition and its internals look much stronger than those of the IS200.

So I would be a little careful with their offer....

@Pate

Gefährlich ist --> Drehmoment + Drehzahl --> Querkraft auf das Plauel --> Bruch! ;)

Well you might be right. Some owners have already started fitting the turbo kit from SPC so we will found out soon if it is true or not of what they offer!

Gefährlich ist --> Drehmoment + Drehzahl --> Querkraft auf das Plauel --> Bruch! :D

Stimmt! :D

Egal, Dank solchen Freaks sammeln wir alle Erfahrung! ;) Was geht und was nicht!

@Dimis

Jes i know Thanks! ;)