Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

how to get new navi DVD Mab for new area? gs430

hi every on. i am new here

and i gust pay an gs430 2005 (3gen) from Germany and i am looking for navi dvd for medal east (Saudi Arabia)?

our dealer dose not have it for Germany pacification!!!!!

can any one now where can i fond one? or what is the company is manufacture it?? :wacko:

and any body now how to turn off the Traction Control completely off??!!!!

thanks ;)

Hi,

US models' navis don't work with European DVDs and European models' navis don't work with US DVDs.

Lexus has blocked this intentionally, probably to reduce transfer of vehicles between very differently priced regions!

So there might be a similar problem between your region and a European car.

Your local Lexus dealer should be able to tell you.

Maybe someone else has experience with your region here.

Good luck!

Hi, US models' navis don't work with European DVDs and European models' navis don't work with US DVDs. Lexus has blocked this intentionally, probably to reduce transfer of vehicles between very differently priced regions!

So there might be a similar problem between your region and a European car. Your local Lexus dealer should be able to tell you. Maybe someone else has experience with your region here. Good luck!

Lexus didn't blocked it at all. Point is that there are three different systems around, one for the Americas, second for Europe and a third for Asia or Japan. This issue does affect all brands. The Navigation system was made by Denso (at least that current and the most recent ones) and there are hardware differences and map technologie differences. This issue is similar to the technologie differences of the TV systems.

bearbeitet von Bluefox

Hi,

we have members here within the owners club who even bought German DVDs for their German Lexus and they did not work. It is necessary to know the exact specs of your navigation system to find the DVDs. Perhaps you write down the specs of your car and exactly whats written on the actual DVD inside the system?

Lexington

Hi,

we have members here within the owners club who even bought German DVDs for their German Lexus and they did not work. It is necessary to know the exact specs of your navigation system to find the DVDs. Perhaps you write down the specs of your car and exactly whats written on the actual DVD inside the system?

Lexington

Yes, I can confirm that. I asked for new updates on the phone. Well, my dealer has all information about my car in his system but they where not able to order it for me.

They asked me to visit them with my old DVDs. So I did, but they had no clue which of the multiple numbers on the package or on the DVDs to use (there are more than 10 on it !!!)

Neither the sales guy nor the technician could identify the right one :tooth:

After a while I pulled out the old plastic bag in which I received them, which still had a sticker on it. Then they happily yelled "yes, a part number, let's replace

the 08EU with a 09EU because we are one year further". It worked, they could order a new fitting DVD. But my impression was - they had no clue what they are doing!

Also none of the multiple numbers worked on the Lexus mapupdates site for me.

But Lexus is not alone, other car manufactureres are as incompetent as they are - I have two other ones who failed for me this year as well.

bearbeitet von DrHybrid

thank you all for the information

i forgot to say we use a locally up date DVDs witch reprogrammed by a programmer man, put i lose connected with hem now, :thumbup:

and i well keep looking for way to make it working

and i well up date you if it worked,,

thanks again :cry: