Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello from England :)

I've been reading a lot on this forum about the supercharger, as you Euro guys seem to know a lot more about the supercharger than the UK people.

So I thought I should say hello :)

My plan is do build my own supercharger kit, as they are very expensive (£1500-£2000) although it looks like they are much more expensive in Europe though!

Here are a few pictures of my IS200...

Picture from Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) 2012...

614403_283855268393985_435665025_o.jpg

Reflective heat tape under the airbox...

DSC_0121.jpg

Engine bay...

DSC_0122.jpg

Legana bumper when it came back from the paintshop...

DSC_0180.jpg

SMD speedo bulbs...

DSC00507.jpg

MeisterR coilover suspension upgrade...

DSC00536.jpg

FIGS adapters from the USA using 323mm Supra discs...

DSC002411.jpg

Welcome! Great Car. You have allready good stuff in your car. How much did you pay for MeisterR coilovers? Are they good?

:biker:

Thanks :) The coilovers were £550 I think, and that was including some special adapters so you can still adjust the damping without taking out the boot carpet. Very good product, well made and performs well. Lots of adjustment for damping, so they are good for the road or for the track.

HAHA JAE..... wow... still can remember to JAE in 2005 as 2 Euro-LOC friends and me did an unbelievable AUT-UK (1.500km) trip there.

It was awsome! B)

It is a good show, we had a member with an IS250 who came from Belgium this year I think. Not as far as you though!

nice car - fine condition

I like your idea of doing it on your own, we also made a compressor kit that way for a 3S-GE.

JAE ... yes we also were there :lol:

Guess it was 2009 when we were there at meet our local friends of IMOC. Was a awesome time with some of the best guy's you can meet i guess. Always missing those days. We got the trophy for the longest travel these days, we made a 1700km roadtrip across Europe from the east of austria to wickstead park. With some breaks it took us 26 hours one way :D

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

hey, welcome to our forum, nice job you're doing there, love the legana bumper.

But hey just tell us please what kinda smd bulbs you used for your dash illumination and where to find 'em.

The SMD bulbs I used are these ones... 2 x 286/T5 and 3 x 501/T10

Very good quality thick PCB so they do not wobble, not like the cheap plastic holders. I have tried the cheap plastic ones before, and used 3 sets before I found these good ones, they have been on my car over a year with no problems.

Nice Legana replica ;)

And you may think my bumper is a replaca 8thsin, but it is genuine! :)

I have done custom work to chop out the number plate holder, so when I fit an intercooler it does not cover it.

And I also put carbon fibre on the centre bar myself because I wanted something different.

Here are some pictures of the work to prove it...

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

bearbeitet von Sprinter2012

They are a very easy modification to do, takes a couple of hours. You get much better braking force, and less heat build up because of the bigger discs.

It also means when you are driving normally the brake pads wear less :)

I have posted my guide on how to install them HERE...

Also, I'm not sure what the rules are, but I have a pair of the brackets here to sell. Because FIGS sent me two sets to save on postage...

bearbeitet von Sprinter2012

-.- I needed them a few months ago -.-

Great mod, but it has a small negative attribute.

The picture shows the unused area from the 323mm discs.

The Supra calipers use whole area, but they are also much more expensive solution.

jeoywcj5s65r.jpg

p.s. If you want to sell them, you must open a thread here: http://euro.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=96

and write the price in the new thread.

bearbeitet von eies300

Yes you are right they do not use the whole surface of the disc, but they still give more force than OEM.

I was going to use Supra calipers, but they will not fit under most wheels because they are so big! And as you say, they are also very expensive for a used item.

Thanks for the information on selling :)

Yes you are right they do not use the whole surface of the disc, but they still give more force than OEM.

I was going to use Supra calipers, but they will not fit under most wheels because they are so big! And as you say, they are also very expensive for a used item.

Thanks for the information on selling :)

Yes you will need special wheel design for your discs. I use the IS 250 Luxury 17" wheels. There are also no problems with the 18" wheels from the IS250 Sport. Which discs and pads do you use?

The adapters I have will still fit inside a 17" wheel too which is good because you can use them with OEM wheels. I am just using OEM Toyota Supra TT (323mm) discs with OEM Lexus pads.

When the pads wear out I might swap to EBC Greenstuff which should give even more braking power. And if I have some spare money I might get some slotted discs too, but not for a while because they are fine as they are :)