Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200sport?

jensi

Hello.

I hope anyone can help me?

I am from Norway and want to buy a Is 200 sport 2000/2001 mod .

In Norway we have 17" wheels and dark windows in the sport modell.

This car I have got pictures from in Germay has the ordenary wheels and I cant see anything thats says Sport exept from the owner in Germany.

How can I se it actually is a sport?

Should it say sport in the Fahrzeugbrief?

The car is a little bit damaged.

I have to replays the left frontlight.

Is there anyone know what bigthank is behind the left frontligt?

Jens from Norway.

You can reply in German.I understand a little bit German :thumbdown:

bearbeitet von jensi

In the first 12 months after the face lift end 2001 Lexus sold a Sport model that didn't had the advantages of it's older brothers like darker windows and an enhanced sound system. I've got one of those. The difference as far as I can tell is that it has 8 speakers and TORSEN Limited-Slip Differential. It was originaly sold by Lexus as IS200 Sport, I have the original sales records but to say the truth, I'm not yet sure if it is really any special IS. It says things like "Sport Seats", "Sport Chassis" but it's not more "Sport" than any other IS200 I have seen. So the unique item left would be the TORSEN Limited-Slip Differential which I have never checked and don't know how to do so.

The best thing would be if the owner sends you the sales record - if he doesn't have it the original dealer should do so. I don't think that the Sport is noted in the registration but others can give you more details here. One note: If it's a Sport model after the facelift the advantages over the normal model aren't as important as before the facelift. You can easily see that on the color of the interieur.

I would better have an eye on the damage at the frontlight. Does it have Xenon? This could get very expensive. Also, if it has a damage, you better have that ckecked by a professional - perhaps you should get a Dekra Siegel or something like this.

Some normal IS were sold on the second-hand car market as "Sport" version before - but what the heck, doesn't it look sporty anyway :thumbdown:

Leather is not essential for the IS200 Sport but as far as I can see the pedals are not silver/alu.

But this is not important anymore after I've seen the picture of the frontlight - as PhoneDrome said: Do not buy.

Some questions I hope anyone can clear out for me:

When did the IS 200 get Xenons?

Is there different colors for black or blue on the IS 200 sport or not sport.

Someone said that blue Is 200 sport is different from not sport.

Has the Is 200 sport different steering wheel?

Do 99-00 mod Is 200 sport come with leather seats ,and 00-01 is an option?

Can anyone tell me if this has Xenon lights from the photo?

Jens

post-3-1097700950.jpg

Xenon is an option for the IS200 since late 2001 and a standard feature for IS300. All IS that come with Xenon option have to have a cleaning system for the headlights, so this one doesn't have Xenon (which isn't surprising as it's a 2001 model).

I'm not sure about the leather seats and the color question someone other may answer that :thumbdown:

But this is not important anymore after I've seen the picture of the frontlight - as PhoneDrome said: Do not buy.

My plans was new TTE front and I have a friend that runs a car garage that has checked the photos and will paint it .

Here in Norway I have to pay about 1200Euro to fix this damage.(I am not sure about the Xenon).

This car would cost me about 23000 Euro to get on the road here in Norway because of taxes.

Should I buy a Norwegian registrert car like this 00-01 mod.

I had to pay about 7000 euro more.

So cars in Norway are realy expensive. :(

Perhaps I will search for a Black one with beigh Leather .

I think thats the nices ones. ;)

bearbeitet von jensi

hi, this yellow spot in the frontlight tells that there´s no xenon in there..

when it´s clear(and there´s a cleaning-system) you have xenon lights...

it´s your decision, i mean the hole left mudgard is damaged.. and maybe there is more damage you dont know/see right now..

mfg der henker..

check noblecars in giessen germany...they should have a site.

from 2001 on there is no sport model any more. alu pedals are gone, speakersystem with 6 instead of 8 speakers, no aloy shift knob. gps is a dvd system now. blue was the same, but since 2001 the blue has changed a little.

on the pic they are not the original aloy wheels of the sport model...it's def a basic model. mobile.de is good, just keep checking... :g:

if you get a xenon car and the tte front, just take care that you get the xenon front that came out this year, since the original tte front did not have head light washer holders!

I am still searching for a Is200.

Anyone know if there are different black colors of the Is 200?

Is every black the onyxblack?

This should be black but I am not shure.

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/detai...&id=xsycsblefns

jensi

bearbeitet von jensi