Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kompressor Boost Pressure Calculations

I read many posts regarding the boost pressure that the TTE supercharger and the engine motor of the IS200 can handle and my conclusion was that many owners that were interested to increase the boost of their supercharger were not certain if it was safe or not. So I decided to do some research regarding the crank shaft pulley that can be fitted on the IS200 motor in order to increase the boost pressure of the TTE supercharger.

Firstly I found the specifications of the Eaton M62 supercharger, which are the following:

Eaton M62:

Displacement: 1.035 liters = 1035cc

Max. Outlet Pressure: 2.0 Bar

Max Speed Cont (inst.): 14,000 (16,000)

Flow at Max. Speed @ 1.8 Bar: 810 cubic meters / hour.

Then I did some research and dug out my old university books to find out how to calculate the boost pressure.

Lexus IS200 engine:

Engine max rpm: 6250

TTE crank pulley dia.: 130mm

Eaton Supercharger pulley dia.: 100mm

Ratio: 130/100= 1.3

From the Eaton specs I have mentioned above the M62 flows 1035cc per crank turn. Therefore we have,

1035cc x 1.3 = 1345.5cc per crank turn

1345.5 - 999 (1/2 engine cc) = Extra flow of 346.5cc per crank turn

346.5/999 = 0.35 bar

At max engine rpm the max speed of supercharger is: 1.3 x 6250 = 8125 rpm

If we repeat the above procedure for a larger crank pulley, ie. dia. = 140mm the boost pressure will be 0.45bar and the max speed of the supercharger will be 8750 rpm and so on.

• Antworten 122
  • Created
  • Letzte Antwort

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still not sure about that 'easy' calculation

I think there are some more fluid dynamics effects that appear, while increasing airflow an change nothing else. There will be a big increase of urbulent flow when airflow increases in same diameter of pipe.

[i have to calibrate my Zeitronix imediately to get a correct boost of my 140mm setup]

I'm still not sure about that 'easy' calculation

I think there are some more fluid dynamics effects that appear, while increasing airflow an change nothing else. There will be a big increase of urbulent flow when airflow increases in same diameter of pipe.

[i have to calibrate my Zeitronix imediately to get a correct boost of my 140mm setup]

Maybe you are right mate. Other aspects may influence the final boost pressure but I think i might be near to the total boost pressure with the calculations or maybe not. I am looking to buy an ECU soon and I was thinking to go for the Greddy Ultimate Emanage. Are you satisfied with the Zeitronix? Which model do you have?

• 1 year later...

Hy

Ich habe mal nachgerechnet!

Also wenn die berechnung stimmt

dreht der Kompressor mit 165mm Scheibe, 7000rpm auf 11550rpm am Kompressor!

Das laut dem flowmeter sollte der charger noch im wirksamen bereich sein!

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@per/documents/content/ct_128484.gif

kann mir das mal jemand erklären?

dunkelblau is gut nehm ich an? :D

pressure ratio is atmosphärischer + 'ladedruck' ?

und die grünen zahlen sind die motordrehzahl ?

Nein die grünen Drehzahlen sind die Kompressor rpm, Ratio ist die übersetzung, wenn stimmt das der dimis gemeint der pulley am Kompi 100mm hat stimmt die Rechnung Flow

m3/h ist die Luftmenge die der Charger fördern kann!

Das Problem ist nicht das ist 5th generation der Kompressors.

Das heist die Passt mit unseren nicht, Drehzahl mäsig ja aber nicht, die Luftmenge

Hab da was gefunden was eher hinkommt 3th gen des Eaton M62 charger

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52884

Also wenn das stimmt fördert das Ding nicht gerade viel Luft!! Mann müsste herausfinden wieviel m3/h Luft der 1gfe bei 7000rpm braucht und je nach dem einen Charger umbauen, bzw neuen Kaufen.

lg Pate

post-1469-0-54533500-1300377545_thumb.jpg

bearbeitet von Pate

Der seitenkanalverdichter ist geil :-)! Naja im motorraum wird der kaum reinpassen :-)

Omg!

Vortech lader! sind etwas günstiger aber mal schauen was ich für eine antwort bekomme, aus dem amiland!

Lg pate

Der seitenkanalverdichter ist geil :-)! Naja im motorraum wird der kaum reinpassen :-)

Omg!

Vortech lader! sind etwas günstiger aber mal schauen was ich für eine antwort bekomme, aus dem amiland!

Lg pate

What about Rotrex compressors? I know a Lexus IS200 in uk that was build by TDi tuner and had a Rotrex supercharger. the maximum output was 360bhp (but with upgrade internals not oem).

So you think the TTE supercharger will collapse with 165mm pulley? What is your maximum output boost? Before i upgraded to the 150mm pulley I did a research on the web and found out from the SLK forum that many SLK230 owners have upgraded their superchargers (same with TTE) to 0.8 bar. This is the maximum boost that the specific charger can operate efficiently and did not have any problems. Carlsonn mercedes tuner has an upgrade kit for SLK230 that increases boost to 0.8bar and works fine. So I believe TTE compressor should work ok with 0.7 bar.

bearbeitet von dimis

Vortex is just another brand like Rotrex that builds this type of superchargers.

The boost we achieved with the 165mm pulley was 0.68bar peak at about 4000rpm with a drop to 0.54bar at 5000rpm, will post a graph if you want.

Hatte selbst schon kurzzeitig die 160mm-Scheibe drauf. Daher weiß ich dass der Druck problemlos über 0,7 geht. Es hängt meiner Meinung nach aber auch sehr viel vom Umfeld ab, sprich Ansaug- und Abgaswege. 0,8bar schafft der auch bei passenden Vorraussetzungen. Allerdings wie schon erwähnt, die Drehzahl und die Temperatur des Kompressors steigen stark an. Schon nach relativ kurzer Fahrt war das Ding so heiss dass man ihn nicht mehr anfassen konnte. Also viel weiter würde ich ihn nicht treiben, die Wirkungsgradkurve hat schon ihren Sinn.

Hatte selbst schon kurzzeitig die 160mm-Scheibe drauf. Daher weiß ich dass der Druck problemlos über 0,7 geht.

Das macht Apos Lader knapp die 0,7bar, aber hatte deiner den Ladedruck bis zum Begrenzer durch, oder ist er auch abgefallen um 0,1-0,2bar ab ca 5000u/min? Das is nämlich bei Apo der Fall :g: